Tuesday, May 08, 2018

My First Taste of Soylent and Bulletproof Coffee

Soylent and Bulletproof Coffee

No, I didn't mix Soylent and Bulletproof Coffee together. It's just that I happened to see these at stores out here within days of each other, and was curious about how they (individually) tasted given how much I'd heard about them. Plus, I just had an Impossible Burger a few weeks ago, so I might as well continue to try more of this new tech-driven food that I've been hearing about.

Soylent wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Granted, the taste was rather synthetic, and the ingredient list looks like something I might see on a medicine bottle. But a "meal replacement" it was not, as I was hungry within a couple of hours, even if it certainly was convenient to drink while rushing to get to work this morning. I won't be getting it again.

The Bulletproof Coffee was rather acidic and even sour, but it was also very rich. Of course, the butter contributed to it, but I wonder how much of it came from the special coconut oil. Now, I don't drink coffee with butter frequently enough to make a good comparison, and I don't know if my brain felt more alert than usual like it was supposed to. But I didn't feel sluggish at least.

No comments: