Thursday, March 29, 2018

Starbucks Hong Kong's Coffee-Infused Craft Beer

Starbucks Hong Kong's Coffee-Infused Craft Beer

I'm not much of a coffee drinker, so I rarely step foot in Starbucks. But when my colleague mentioned that the newly refurbished Starbucks Reserve at ifc mall started serving beer recently, I was intrigued. It was beer on tap, brewed locally in conjunction with the Hitachino folks, and available in a mocha brown ale as well as a caramel macchiato cream ale (the former was much better with its smooth richness). Cool!

To be clear, the Starbucks Reserve in Shanghai has beer too, but it's in a can, and from a different brewery. And I guess Starbucks in the US stopped doing its Evenings program where they mixed beer with a shot of espresso. So this really is a Hong Kong-only thing for now, although the staff mentioned that it will be in Japan and Taiwan soon too, if I heard her correctly.

No comments: