Saturday, March 17, 2018

My First Taste of Thailand's Say Chiizu



This chain from Thailand started opening outlets in Singapore a few months ago  I randomly came across an outlet this afternoon, so figured that I'd give their "Hokkaido Cheese Toast" a try. It looked like just a normal grilled cheese sandwich at first. But the bread was much lighter and the cheese was much stretchier than an American grilled cheese sandwich.

It was a refreshing change at first, but the cheese wasn't very tasty, and perhaps more oddly, it started to get sweeter as I approached the center of the sandwich. I'm not sure if that was because there was sugar in the cheese, or perhaps sugar in the butter spread. But that's when I realized that this wasn't going to be anything that I was going to get again.

No comments: