Tuesday, December 12, 2017

China's Tan Yu Charming Grilled Fish Has Opened in Singapore

Chongqing Cold Noodles with Chicken Slices

Not to be confused with Tanyoto at Liang Court, this chain from China has opened an outlet at 313@Somerset just a few days ago (313 Orchard Road #B3-30, 6509-8887). Their main thing is Chongqing grilled fish, but there was no way that I could finish an entire one as a solo diner. So I went for a bunch of sides instead, including those cold noodles above as well as some tofu and even some chuanr.

The chuanr were a bit lean and tough, but otherwise I liked the food enough to want to come back for the fish one day. I just need to remember to stay as far away as possible from the grilled eggplant, as it's totally buried under a thick layer of garlic (nobody is going to want to be anywhere near me for the rest of the day!). The dumplings have a heaping of raw garlic on top of them too.

No comments: