Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Thai Food at Folks Collective in Singapore

Lunch Set A

Folks Collective hardly sounds like a Thai restaurant, nor does it really look like one. And at a quick glance, the AXA Tower location (8 Shenton Way #01-08, 6227-3487) looked like any other patio bar that you would hit up before going home from the office. So when this place was selected for lunch today, I shrugged my shoulders and figured that there was no way that it could be any good.

I was wrong, and was surprised at how much I liked it. The food wasn't watered down like I thought it would be; instead, it was punchy, and our server was endearingly amusing as well. Granted, all I had was "Set A" on the very first page of their menu, so I don't know how the rest of their items fare. But I liked it enough that I'm willing to come back a second time to find out.

1 comment:

W said...

Yes the sets are pretty decent, also good for crowded area