Wednesday, September 20, 2017

San Jose's Happi House Famous Teriyaki

Famous Chicken Teriyaki

Not to be confused with Happy Hound in Los Gatos, Happi House is a local teriyaki place from San Jose's Japantown. It's been around for ages, and yet despite my many years of growing up around here, I'd never been to one. We thus stopped by tonight for a quick meal.

It was terrible. The "famous" chicken was tough like jerky, perhaps from being reheated twice. I tried dousing it in their tabletop sauces, including the spicy teriyaki one and even some Crystal Hot Sauce, but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it.

The only thing I liked was their "Famous Asian Chicken Salad," and I suppose you can't go wrong with some crunchy onion rings either. But the beef flavored rice was rather boring, and worse, we left the place stinking like food. I don't think I'll be going back.

No comments: