Monday, September 18, 2017

Pho Viet (or is it Pho Bel-Air?) in San Jose, California

Phở

I needed a quick lunch after getting into San Jose today, and what could be more local than a piping hot bowl of phở? Conveniently enough, there's a phở place near the airport, and it's nearly walkable...or a quick ride on the free VTA Airport Flyer bus number 10 if you so choose. Oddly, the signage and listing on Google Maps calls it Pho Viet, but the cover of the menu says Phở Bel-Air (1751 North First Street #60, 408-452-1060).

Anyway, that was a refreshing bowl above, with not just some finely sliced tripe but also an impressively tender and chewy tendon (admittedly, I didn't order the tendon, but the lady messed up my order and I figured that I'd go for it anyway). The broth wasn't as punchy as I would've liked though, and thus I didn't finish drinking it. Still, this is a pretty convenient place to hit up next time I need to transfer from the airport to the light rail.

1 comment:

Aussie tourist said...

Ok not sure if I can ask. What do you do for crust? To flying all over the place? Just interested.



Aussie Tourist