Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Taste Affair at Amoy Street Food Centre, Singapore

Sake Butter Clam Spaghettini

This hawker stall at Amoy Street Food Centre has been getting some attention because the chefs come from a small chain of casual French places in town. I've never been to one of those outlets, but I was kinda curious about this place, if anything because they were one of the few places near the office that is open early for breakfast (7 Maxwell Road #02-128).

Still, I never made it here for breakfast, and instead came here for lunch today. If I really wanted to nitpick, I could argue that the mushroom and egg in this bowl were kinda clichéd. I could question why the clams were seemingly treated as more of a topping rather than being done together with the noodles. I could also whine that it was just a tad heavy on the garlic.

But hey, this was only S$6 (US$4.40), which is quite a steal. More importantly, they didn't overcook the noodles here, and generally handled everything with care (reminding me a bit of Ah Bong's, actually). That means that I will be coming back, in particular to finally try their breakfast, especially since they seem to be open on Saturdays too.

No comments: