Friday, July 14, 2017

Craft Feeds on Duxton Hill, Singapore

Chargrilled Zucchini

I can't remember how I found out about this place (13 Duxton Hill, 6909-0521), but it was supposed to serve craft beer and small plates, two things that are music to my ears. I thus came over for a quick bite before going home tonight, picking up a few items like some tender Hokkaido scallops, some nicely-charred Brussel sprouts, as well as the chargrilled zucchini above, all of which were done delicately and with care. It was all washed down with a couple of pints of a local pale ale on draft with friendly staff and nice music.

Having said that though, I'm hesitant to come back again, mainly because the bar was rather limited. Sure, they had a lot of different beers available, but in bottles (he said that he needed to start slowly first before getting more types on tap). They had cocktails on their drink list, but it was also limited to just a few classics like an old fashioned or gin & tonic. It's too bad; I really wanted to like this place, but unless the bar improves dramatically, I don't really have much desire to come back.

No comments: