Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Grand Central Oyster Bar & Restaurant in New York City

Oysters

Yeah, I know that this was a bit touristy, and that I'd in fact already been to an outlet of theirs out in Newark sometime back. But we finished a meeting nearby and needed a quick bite, so we popped into Grand Central Terminal for a dozen on the half shell (89 East 42nd Street, 212-490-6650). The east coasters that I requested above were all fine, as was a cherrystone clam stew that I got on the side, even if it was surprisingly thin and spartan. I'm not sure if the rest of the menu was any good (I worry that it might be like The Fish Market from back home), but I have to admit that it was pretty cool to be sitting under those vaulted arched tile ceilings deep in the lower levels of Grand Central Terminal. Was Lex Luthor supposed to be showing up anytime soon?

No comments: