Thursday, June 22, 2017

A Disappointing Run to Gray's Papaya in Midtown New York

Hot Dog and Papaya Juice

I still needed a bit more food, and I figured that I'd swing up to the new midtown outlet of Gray's Papaya (612 8th Avenue at 40th Street), in part since it was open 24 hours, and in part since it's literally been more than a decade since I last ate their stuff. What a disappointment it was though, and it wasn't just because I forgot that onions in New York are in a red sauce. The red sauce wasn't as bad as it could've been, but the weiner was surprisingly skinny and salty, neither of which were a good thing. Well, it's not like anyone ever comes here for a gourmet meal, but I should have just gone up a few more blocks to try that Halal Guys food truck instead. At least the papaya juice was good.

No comments: