Monday, April 17, 2017

Sake-Flavored Kit-Kat From Japan

Sake-Flavored Kit-Kat

The first time I saw these boxes at the supermarket, I stared in horror. Why in the world would anyone want to drink Kit Kat-flavored sake? It took me a few minutes, but after seeing the cashier lift up the box, I realized that it was the other way around: it wasn't Kit Kat-flavored sake, it was sake-flavored Kit Kat. But that didn't exactly make it sound any more appealing.

No, I didn't buy it. But I still had the chance to try a couple tonight. It was fine going down, but there was a bit of a lingering aftertaste, and not in a good way (it gave me flashbacks of the next morning, if you know what I mean). Well, the box said that there was real alcohol in there, but I think I'd rather go for mojito-flavored Mentos instead.

No comments: