Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Tacos El Compa Taqueria in San Jose, California

Carnitas Taco

I was running errands this afternoon when I saw this place, figuring that a single taco was small enough for just a quick taste without ruining dinner (1321 Blossom Hill Road, 408-622-8035). To my disappointment, they didn't have a lot of varieties of meat available (no tripas nor cabeza!). And my carnitas above were a tad *too* crispy, all with the added bonus of a small bone fragment hidden inside. Still, it came out piping hot on a nice corn tortilla with some fresh garnish and salsa, all washed down with a melon agua fresca. I won't go out of my way for it (I'd rather go to Tucanazo down the street if it's open). But I understand that these guys do catering; that might come in handy one day.

No comments: