Monday, December 19, 2016

Chalong at Tanjong Pagar Centre, Singapore

18 hour sous-vide bowl

When I first read about this place (7 Wallich Street #B2-21), I had very little interest in it. Apparently the guy tried the dish in Phuket and decided to make his own rendition here; my preference thus would've been to try to get the real thing in Thailand itself. But I needed food quickly today and was in the vicinity, so I stopped by to give it a try.

And boy, am I glad that I did! It was delicious. The pork was wonderfully tender and juicy, even if it lacked the smokiness that I would've hoped for. It's done sous-vide for 18 hours, which explains things. And it came with a decently spicy Thai sauce as well. So who cares if this might not be like the real thing in Phuket? It's good and I'm coming back for it.

No comments: