Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Yunjinan Lijiang Fish Hot Pot in Taipei, Taiwan

Is that grouper, cod, or basa fish?

So this is that Yunnan fish hot pot place in Taipei that I mentioned last time I tried this stuff (8 Anhe Road Section 2 Lane 184, 2737-1116). Admittedly, I'm not sure if that's grouper, cod, or some other fish above; it was supposed to be their signature item, but it doesn't seem to the grouper with those colorful red streaks in the flesh.

Either way, it was a very delicate fish that went great with the refreshingly light yet savory broth, which we complemented with a light Yunnan curry broth too. Combine that with their sauces and it was just the healthy yet tasty thing that I was looking for during lunch today. I'd be happy to come back here again; not just for the hot pot, but also for those starters and single-serving noodles too.

No comments: