Friday, August 12, 2016

My First Taste of Thai Son-in-Law Eggs

Khai Luuk Kheuy

It might be hard to tell from the photo, but sitting underneath all of that shredded stuff on top are actually hard boiled eggs that have been deep fried (no minced meat; just the egg, deep fried). To my surprise though, it was coated in a tangy sauce that was too sweet for my taste.

Why would I order such a thing? It was the amusing name. If I got the story right, it was a mother-in-law who made this dish for her son-in-law, saying that if she ever caught him cheating on her daughter, then it'd be his eggs that she'd be serving on that plate.

Anyway, this was from a shop called Rattana Thai Restaurant (1 Tanjong Pagar Plaza #02-30, 6224-4322). I liked some of the stuff that they had here, but was also disappointed with other things like the pandan leaf chicken, which was surprisingly dry.

No comments: