Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Bazaar North Indian Cuisine, Singapore

Papri Chaat

We've been talking about coming here for a while now (115 East Coast Road, 6344-0710). Why? Because the Wall Street Journal said that the chef here used to work at Bukhara. With credentials like that, we had to get the dal makhani. It didn't have a cube of ghee floating in the middle, but it was still silky rich and spicy. Yum.

Of course, we got a barrage of other things too, be it kebabs, curries, or the chaat above. And I liked it all so much that it's pretty much one of my favorite places in Singapore now. The only thing I didn't like was the vindaloo...not because it wasn't spicy (it was), but rather because they used chopped fresh chilies, whereas I was hoping it might be more like stuff in England, which I believe is done with ground dry chilies instead.

No comments: