Monday, September 28, 2015

Día de Pesca in San Jose, California

Tostada and Fish Taco

It must seem a bit weird to be getting Mexican seafood stateside when I was just down in Baja. But I was invited to this place for lunch today (55 North Bascom Avenue, 408-287-3722), and it turned out to be much better than I thought it would be. Most of the menu is pretty seafood-centric, including campechanas, tostadas de ceviche, and oysters of the half-shell.

I went straight for a tostada, the ceviche of which was light on the lime juice, but nonetheless was much better that I thought it would be. Similarly, I grabbed a fish taco, whose batter was a tad thick, but was still much better than most fish tacos outside of Baja, especially with its spot-on sauce. Of course I'd still rather head over the border, but if I'd eat here again if I'm nearby; it was much better than Taqueria La Mordita.

No comments: