Sunday, August 30, 2015

Finally Trying Thailand's COCA Steamboat

COCA Steamboat

I must've passed by these guys a million times in the past. I was always kinda curious, but not so much that I ever wanted to make an effort to eat there. Today, we finally went to one of their outlets in Singapore so that I could give it a try.

The biggest surprise for me was that the server immediately started throwing in all of the ingredients at once, the idea being that it thus gave the broth more flavor. And sure, the broth was tasty, including a perky tom yum on the left. But I really didn't like the meat, which they cut into relatively thick pieces.

Well, at least I gave it a try. It's been so long since I went to that other Thai suki place, MK Restaurants, that I can't really make a proper comparison. But for now I'll stick to either Sichuan or Japanese hot pot instead, mainly because I can swoosh the meat one thin slice at a time.

No comments: