Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Otoko Ramen at Alexandra Central

Shio Ramen

Another ramen shop has opened in Singapore, this time next to the new Park Hotel Alexandra (321 Alexandra Road #01-16, 6250-2889). This was yet another tonkotsu shop, so I wasn't getting my hopes up. I was thus totally surprised when I took my first sip of the broth: basically, the words that came out of my mouth were "wow - that's some good shoyu." Yep, they got the blend of soy sauce unique enough to keep me interested. No issues with the noodles and garnish either, although admittedly I didn't finish the broth in the end, in part since it was almost too much. I'm thus not making any huge effort to come back, but one added bonus is that they don't sprinkle scallions on top, meaning that I can go back to the office without dragon breath.

No comments: