Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Restoran Riverview Small Village Restaurant, Malaysia

Fried Mee Sua

That might look a bit gross in the photo, but it was actually pretty darned good. That black stuff on top is seaweed, and the combination of that mixed up with other toppings like peanuts and fried shallots made this greasy plate of noodles delicious. This dish in fact was precisely what we came here for, as my colleague said how this place on Jalan Cenderuh 2 off Jalan Ipoh has a killer fried mee sua. She was right.

Another surprising thing was what they called loh mee. I'm not sure if its origins are similar to Singaporean lor mee, but I loved this goopy (yet white colored) noodle soup dish that you could lace with dark Chinese vinegar. I kept going back to the bowl for second and third servings.

Maybe this was more a function of hunger (and alcohol in my belly), but that was seriously one of the best meals that I've ever eaten in Kuala Lumpur. Keep in mind though that this place is a little outdoor shack with plastic stools. And "riverview" is a bit of a strech...more like a storm drain, complete with insects aplenty. But the food was good enough that I'll easily come back. Yum.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such is fujian cuisine. Loads of them in Singapore too. Most commercialized and easily avail is Putien chain. All over the island.