Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sentosa's Kurry Korner on River Valley Road

Murgh Malai Kebab

I had my doubts when I saw the signs going up on the former site of Swirl Art (417 River Valley Road, 6887-3720). After all, their tagline of "Indian Food For Globetrotters" sounded like they might have diluted (or worse, "modernized") the food. And Sentosa Island, where it originally came from, wasn't exactly a place that known for proper Indian food either. There were also some oddly placed items like fish and chips on the menu too.

So it was to my surprise how much I've generally liked the food here. The murgh malai kebab above was super tender and moist, while the biryani was so rich that I had to force myself to stop getting additional servings. Granted, that same biryani was a bit on the mushy side, while the dal makhani was a bit sweet for my taste. But it was better than I was expecting. I hope that they expand their chaat selection over time.

No comments: