Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mellizoz Tacos in Austin, Texas

Fried Avocado Taco

I needed a quick breakfast before heading to the airport this morning, so what better than to head down to the food trucks down on First Street? (some of these open trailer parks are even lit with Wi-Fi, to my surprise) I specifically came to this guy because he had some fried avocado taco (1503 South First Street, 916-4996). This one I had to try!

The good thing was that the batter was surprisingly light; it was very similar to those awesome fish taco guys in Ensenada. But it was kinda hard to taste the avocado inside as a result. Instead, it ended up being dominated by the taste of oil and batter, not to mention that rucola and sweet salsa that they put on top. It was still very edible (despite the flour tortilla), but I won't get it again.

No comments: