Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Maihama Teppanyaki+ in Urayasu, Tokyo

Weekday Dinner Set

I needed some quick food tonight and wasn't in any mood to go out into the cold wet rain. So being held captive at the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel, I came to this in-house place, where meals started at a whopping 10,000 Yen (US$96) and upwards. Fortunately, there was some weekday dinner special for 70,000 Yen (US$67), which was still far more than I wanted to pay tonight, but at least this was a little cheaper.

I should have known it already, but you get what you pay for. In order to make that set cheaper, they didn't use Japanese beef, which defeated the point of eating teppanyaki in Japan; they gave me some other lean and tasteless cuts instead. Indeed, the better parts of the meal were actually the seafood appetizers that they started with. Seriously, I should have just paid for the normal set.

No comments: