Saturday, November 09, 2013

Gyudon from Restaurant Hoshigaoka Singapore

Gyudon

I wasn't expecting much from this old-school Japanese place at Shaw House (350 Orchard Road #04-00, 6734-9725), in part since I don't ever recall having a good meal there before, but also since these guys are run by the same folks behind Jack's Place. So it was to my surprise when I kinda liked this thing, which was much tastier than I was expecting.

Still, it was a bit greasy, and the beef wasn't exactly as thin nor tender as I would have liked. Service was inattentive, and the kinoko tempura that we got was basically just a clump of oil and batter that we did not finish. Well, at only S$10 (US$8) for that bowl, it's not like I could really complain. It's too bad that the local Yoshinoya near our place has shut down.

No comments: