Monday, September 30, 2013

Sushi Burrito at 100 AM in Singapore

Signature Fried Back Roll

When I first saw the name of this place when it was still under construction, I was appalled. It just sounded terrible, and didn't think I would come here when it opened. Still, I needed a quick snack this afternoon, so I popped on in to see what it was really like (100 Tras Street #01-06, 6543-6860).

The good thing was that it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was much smaller than a Mission-style burrito, and this one was surprisingly coated in panko and then fried. It made it tasty, but I also ended up smelling like grease when going back to the office, not to mention being feeling a bit nauseous.

Well, I don't expect to go back anytime soon, but if I do, then I'll be sure to try the non-fried versions. If I heard it correctly, these guys got their inspiration from some food trucks back home, so if anything I'm kinda curious to see what those are like next time I'm there.

No comments: