Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kawara Cafe and Bar's Go To Hell Udon

Go To Hell Udon

This is a chain from Japan that has opened an outlet in Singapore (33 Cuppage Road 6836-5738). It was more of a bar than a restaurant, but nonetheless they offered various items to eat such as onigiri, oden, and udon, including this spicy one with the peculiar name.

I wasn't expecting much. The photo on the menu looked terrible, and oftentimes these spicy variants of dishes are done by just mindlessly throwing some chili peppers or sauce in the dish. It turned out to be much better than I thought it would be, with a fragrant sesame aroma and finely sliced garnishes.

Still, I don't think I'll be coming back anytime soon. If I do, it'd probably be more for the comfy sofas inside rather than for the food.

No comments: