Sunday, February 19, 2012

Baja Fresh Has Opened in Singapore

Shrimp Tacos

On the way back from Chinese food last night, we noticed that an outlet of Baja Fresh had opened at the Rendezvous Hotel (9 Bras Basah Road #01-03, 6337-7300). I haven't been to a Baja Fresh since back in school, when this Fresh Mex thing was all the rage. But I figured that if it was the same as it was back then, then they should at least have a salsa bar at this outlet.

Fortunately, they did. None of them were particularly spicy, but having it fresh nonetheless was key, even if they were a bit stingy with the chips. And I liked both my shrimp and grilled fish tacos, the latter of which was surprisingly smoky. At the end of the day, it was still just another chain restaurant, but at least I don't need to hover around Spruce's weekday lunch hours if I need a quick taco fix now.

2 comments:

Daniel's Food Diary said...

Agree. None of their sauces were spicy, despite the sign which says "HOT"

m said...

Their salads were rather big and fresh too :)