Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Egg Noodles on SQ to Hong Kong

Some kind of egg noodles

This was breakfast on the way up to Hong Kong this morning, the other choice being an omelette. It was better than I thought it would be, even if I ended up pushing most of those chunks of beef to the side (I think I've been spoiled by all of the wagyu tempura that I've been eating at Teppei lately). Perhaps the more interesting thing was that this Singapore Airlines flight was slightly cheaper than United, largely due to the fact that I'm doing a day trip and SQ had removed its overnight stay policy sometime ago.

Yet I kinda regret not having taken United, mainly since SQ is so popular that this flight was nearly full, whereas I probably could have gotten an entire row to myself on United, if it was anything like last time. Sure, this hot meal is better than that lame bag that United gives, but my priority right now is in getting work done, and I could have used the extra space. Besides, this 777-200 was still fitted with the old SQ seats, so flying SQ didn't provide any power outlet benefits either. (I should have remembered to pre-order a special meal!)

No comments: