Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Fou de Fafa, Capital Tower

Le Paysan Francais

No, this is not turning into a sandwich blog. But there has been so much press coverage of sandwich shops in the CBD lately that I wanted to try them all. This one (168 Robinson Road #01-05, 6327-9418) had quite a funky attitude and approach to food.

This chicken, avocado, and cheese sandwich came out stacked high in a metal tray that was showered with fun bits of sausage and hard boiled egg, and was further topped with bacon. I wasn't as big of a fan of the bread in this one but I liked this place enough to come back and explore other items on the menu, especially since it looked like they were open late enough that it might come in handy during a rough night in the office.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting... it reminded me of this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUVagbFcSUU

Anonymous said...

That's supposed to be a sandwich? It looks like a mess. Though I'm sure I'd still eat it. I would think that professional sandwich makers would make stuff a bit...prettier. This looks like someone put sandwich ingredients into a bowl, gave it a stir and then tipped the contents of the bowl onto your lap.

bma said...

I probably didn't do it justice by going in so close like that. It might have looked a bit better if I had backed out so that one could see how it sat in the metal tray.