Friday, January 23, 2009

Caspers Famous Hot Dogs, Hayward

Hot Link and Chili Bowl

The shriveled-looking thing in the foreground might evoke jokes about cold water shrinkage, but I assure you that it was one darned tasty hot link. Assembled with freshly-sliced condiments just seconds prior, it was full of so much bite that I'm still salivating just thinking of it. I loved the abundance of plump beans in the chili bowl too. I'm not sure why they wrapped the hot dog so tightly in the paper to create that odd appearance though.

Actually, I didn't even know that this long-time East Bay chain existed until recently, but I liked it enough today to consider it one of the better hot dog shops on the West Coast...next to Pink's in LA of course. It still wasn't Hot Doug's, but by no means am I complaining. Besides, it's not often that one sees Chicago-esque slices of tomato on hot dogs over here.

No comments: