Saturday, November 08, 2008

Congee from Yoshinoya Singapore

Congee Set

This was the congee set from Yoshinoya Singapore's tea time menu. While I know better than to deviate from the basic beef bowl at any Yoshinoya outside of Japan, I figured that this still consisted of the same basic rice and beef components, except that it was sludgier. I was wrong; this was pretty bland and nasty. I don't know why - maybe the gruel covered up the fragrance of the shop's beef or something, but next time I'll go back to the normal bowl with discrete grains of rice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a shame, as I love congee. Can't say I've ever had beef congee though. What's the plate of mystery gunk to the left of the congee?

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the different food you get to eat. I tell you what, we must be travelling on different airlines because our plane food is nothing like any of the stuff you've eaten!

Anonymous said...

May I request that you review Prive Cafe (www.prive.com/sg)? Jim 9788 8502