Saturday, December 30, 2006

Warheads Super Sour Spray Candy

Warheads Sour Spray Candy

Am I the only one that thinks that this is a bad idea? I love Warheads sour candy, but to have it in a spray form was a bit odd (remember Binaca?). Nonetheless, curiosity struck. In many ways it was what I expected: tasting like the addictive sour candy but in liquid form (making it a bit like lemon juice, actually). But being in a spray bottle meant a not-so-elegant spray procedure into one's mouth, not to mention the potential for some of the sour mist to accidentally travel up your nose and irritate accordingly. I can't even begin to imagine what kinds of applications kids with lots of time on their hands would be able dream up with this stuff. Well, the bottle did warn against spraying into someone's eyes at least.

When did this stuff come out? I've been out of the US so long that I am out of touch with when this stuff emerges. Well, here in Singapore, I picked this up at Candy Empire, a total junk food establishment at Millenia Walk (across from Outback) where you can rot your insides out with all sorts of candy from the US and Australia. Too bad they didn't have any Pop Rocks or candy cigarettes for another trip down memory lane though.

2 comments:

Shilpa said...

Hi eatbma, love your posts, and this one made me chuckle. I don't suppose you go to Candy Empire often, but do they have my favourite artificially-flavoured candies like Jolly Ranchers, Sweetarts (not the chewy ones), Nerds, and other Willy Wonka stuff? I'm going back to S'pore in May, so if I can find things like that at Candy Empire, I won't have to resort to buying online (have done so in the past and postage cost more than the candy! grrr)! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I didnt know they had such stuff here. And quite frankly, Im suprised! But I do love Candy empire, they carry 'old school' chocolates and candies that one cannot find in normal supermarts in singapore! My personal favourites are the chocolates from willy wonka range! And I actually think this is as good as it gets to comparing it with Honeydukes from harry potter! (since they carry the most candies here*lol*)