Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A Ribeye Steak from Azhang

Ribeye Steak

I don't know why, but I was craving that Roasted Corn Salad from Azhang tonight, so I headed on down. I didn't even need to look at the menu as I knew that my main course was going to be the ribeye steak that I noticed on the menu last time. It was nicely done, being very tender and tasty. I normally don't like sauces or toppings, but this red-wine and onion topping was light enough to work well with the simply grilled steak (apparently he used dijon mustard in here somewhere too?).

My only gripe was the reappearance of that salsa as a garnish again. Not that I have anything against the salsa; it was actually pretty good as a standalone. But when I'm having a juicy steak, I want to be able to follow that with some creamed corn or even simply buttered broccoli or something. The raw onions and chili peppers in the salsa on the other hand, have so much of a bite that they come across as a bit unwelcome and out of place.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are the prices?

-y

LiquidShaDow said...

It's about 26 or 27 for the ribeye. I just had it and it was quite disappointing.

Anonymous said...

Just popped by following a trail of google searches in search of the recipe and people's experiences of the 'Spanglish' sandwich. Love your suggestions and experiences. Look forward to checking the restaurants out.

Anonymous said...

had their steak too and like it, no fats at all, just have to take your time slicing it up.

you should try the lamb ribs. i started out not like lamb, but after the ribs, it is different.