Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Lamb Sandwich at Burger King Singapore

An interesting thing about globalization is the localization that occurs in the process. For instance, Burger Kings in Singapore offer a nasty Rendang Burger, based on a local beef dish here that I pretty much abhor. Today, I was passing by and noticed a "lamb burger," which sounded interesting (I'm pretty sure that you can't get it in the US, right?). Offered in two versions, I got the "Cheese Deluxe" version, meaning cheese and BBQ sauce, instead of the "Classic" spicy version. It wasn't bad - it had all those ingredients that we come to expect of BK. But there wasn't much lamb taste (it could have been beef or chicken for all I knew). I suppose that's a good thing if you don't like lamb, but I wanted to taste the lamb. Anyway, maybe I'll venture over to the spicy version next time, but don't give me the Rendang Burger! (yes, they still offer the signature Whopper)

No comments: